Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the BA II plus

Gens,

I have been trying to find a way around a problem with the Ba II plus calc. apparently, there is a rounding off process in every calculation and the eventuation of all that is that I am generally off the answer by a few tens. yesterday, I was working my way through a previous SOA question paper and had two answers reading 3.7 and 3.8. To my bewilderment, The BA II spewed out 3.75. Now thats a classic catch 22.

I am skeptical of totally relying on the authenticity of the BA II answers.Is there some way in which I can suppress this rounding off process in the BA II ????

Thanks.

Originally posted by tachyon007
    Gens,

I have been trying to find a way around a problem with the Ba II plus calc. apparently, there is a rounding off process in every calculation and the eventuation of all that is that I am generally off the answer by a few tens. yesterday, I was working my way through a previous SOA question paper and had two answers reading 3.7 and 3.8. To my bewilderment, The BA II spewed out 3.75. Now thats a classic catch 22.

I am skeptical of totally relying on the authenticity of the BA II answers.Is there some way in which I can suppress this rounding off process in the BA II ????

Thanks.
    The BA II Plus rounds internally to 9 decimal places - although it will only display what you have set it to display. You probably just need to change your number of displayed decimals as 2 is the 'default' - you can display up to 9.

Comment

This doesn't affect how the calculator does it's internal rounding, but I think the command to show all decimal points is 2nd format 9 enter.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

i think if you go to the soa website, you could find a BA II-Plus guide. I followed the instructions and I don't get impossible numbers anymore.

Comment

Change the format...

Try [2nd] [FORMAT] then scroll down to 'DEC' and change it to 6 or higher by entering the number and [Enter].

Hope that helps.

David

Comment

Remember that your calculators will be reset to the default factory settings.
            Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
            X