Question about FM exam questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about FM exam questions

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems that for all of the FM practice questions I have seen that all of the information given in the question is needed to get the answer. In other words they don't try to trick you with information you don't need. Is this the case for the exam? If I am right this fact could be a little helpful if I come across a question that I don't know how to do.

This is not always the case. I have run into a few problems where they give more information than necessary. An ex''''' is the problem on last May's exam regarding the duration of a portfolio. I would say that 95% of the time you use all of the information provided though.

Comment

Ok I will check that one out. I am waiting til this weekend to do the May exam. I hope I know most of it and that will give me some confidence for Wed.

Comment

Once in a while, they give you more information than necessary. Sometimes there's faster way to do problems than the way the SOA had in mind.
        Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Working...
        X