spot and forward rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spot and forward rates

I have no understanding of these two concepts. All the manuals that I am using fail to give a proper explanation.

Could someone first: Give a proper definition of what these two things are, and then give a "SOA" type question that uses these ideas?

Thank you

Manuals

Originally posted by audia4
    I have no understanding of these two concepts. All the manuals that I am using fail to give a proper explanation.

Could someone first: Give a proper definition of what these two things are, and then give a "SOA" type question that uses these ideas?

Thank you
    This is quite perplexing -- you must be using some old editions of manuals. This topic is clearly in the syllabus for this exam. My manual covers it in depth. If you have my manual and still do not understand it, just post your questions regarding my manual on the exam FM forum here, and I will answer. I have posted practice problems on these topics, and, of course, my manual covers them in depth. See, for example, exercises 5, 6, 7, 10, 24, that I posted on this forum. I am quite sure Sam Broverman's exercises posted on this forum cover this topic, too.

Yours sincerely,
    Krzys' Ostaszewski
    Last edited by krzysio; April 15 2006, 01:32 PM.
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
    X