What's pass again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's pass again?

How many percent is pass for exam FM again? Just to make sure. Thanks.

The passing mark for last sittings FM exam was between 17.6 and 18 out of 25 which was due to a very straightforward (some said easy) exam. I doubt that this sitting's exam will be as straightforward. My advice is to assume and practice the very difficult problems. It is better to be overprepared and be surprised than to be underprepared and get killed. The passmark for this exam has already been determined and we will not know it until the results and grades are released in January.

Comment

17.6? We can't get partial credit on these. Well maybe if you darken more than once circle... I have yet to verify whether this gives you partial credit.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Correct, there is no partial credit. If the score needed to pass is 17.6, then you would have to answer 18/25 correct to pass. Read the "determining the pass mark" in the SOA catalog. They can set the "pass mark" at a non integer value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathguy36
          The passing mark for last sittings FM exam was between 17.6 and 18 out of 25 which was due to a very straightforward (some said easy) exam. I doubt that this sitting's exam will be as straightforward. My advice is to assume and practice the very difficult problems. It is better to be overprepared and be surprised than to be underprepared and get killed. The passmark for this exam has already been determined and we will not know it until the results and grades are released in January.
          How can you state with such confidece that the pass in May was 18/25? No one knows the real pass mark b/c the SOA doesn't tell anyone. Actually the fact that the may exam was easy suggests that the pass mark was higher than 18/25 since so many candidates a lot of questions right. 18/25 for may is way too low for such an "easy" exam. I think the pass was at least 20.

Comment

Originally posted by bork
            How can you state with such confidece that the pass in May was 18/25? No one knows the real pass mark b/c the SOA doesn't tell anyone. Actually the fact that the may exam was easy suggests that the pass mark was higher than 18/25 since so many candidates a lot of questions right. 18/25 for may is way too low for such an "easy" exam. I think the pass was at least 20.
            If the pass mark was 20, the highest grade you'd be allowed to get is an 8 (not a 10). However, there were 9's.

Comment

me = 23/25 for an 8
              my friend = 24/25 for a 9

Comment

Working...
              X