Would like advice on Exam FM study notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like advice on Exam FM study notes

Any advice/recommendations on study notes for the FM exam? On the Actex website they have the

Actex Study Manual
    ASM Study Manual
    S. Broverman Study Guide
    Arcones Manual
    CSM Study Manual
    How to Pass Exam FM/2 by Klein
    Temple Actuarial Institute Study Manual

Also, does anybody have an opinion on the Actex flashcards and Actex online course for FM/2?

Thanks for your help, JC

Originally posted by jmcarson
    Any advice/recommendations on study notes for the FM exam? On the Actex website they have the

Actex Study Manual
    ASM Study Manual
    S. Broverman Study Guide
    Arcones Manual
    CSM Study Manual
    How to Pass Exam FM/2 by Klein
    Temple Actuarial Institute Study Manual

Also, does anybody have an opinion on the Actex flashcards and Actex online course for FM/2?

Thanks for your help, JC

I have S. Broverman study guide, it's pretty good, explainations are very clear. If you have any questions, post on this site, or email to him, he will reply your question promptly. My friend has Actex, he said it is good if you have basic concept ( or took some finance classes before), but if you don't (like me), try the other one.

Some people said ASM is the best for FM, but I don't have it, so i can't give you any opinion.

I make my own flash card, i think my own flash card is the best in the world. So, try to make your own ( and save more money too).

That's all I know, hope it helps...........

Comment

I used BPP and thought it was great. www.bpptraining.com

Hope this helps.

Comment

my opinion

I have both Actex and ASM. I prefer ASM because the notes are easier to
        understand. However, if you want to go for the tough questions, Actex will
        have much more harder questions.

Hope this will help.
        @udrey

Comment

what about for exam 1...

Comment

=) For P.. Between Actex & ASM, I think I prefer Actex.
            but for FM, I prefer ASM.
            For P, Actex has questions that are more helpful. (personal opinion)
            @udrey

Comment

Help Needed

Hi,

I'm new to the Profession of Actuary. I have done my MBA in Finance.

As I don't have any Maths Background ( though I can cope up in near future )

I will be taking FM exams coming this December instead of P1( lots of calculus and Probability is involved so wanted to avoid the test before FM)

I wanted to really have a opinion/suggestion/advice from all of you that which book should I refer as I have gone through various thread most of them had referred in the link to go for ASM and if ASM than which author..

Last but not the least could you please recommend me which Maths ( which should include Calculus and Probability) class should I take in county college near to my residence which could help me to take my P1 exam easily

I will really appreciate your input if you all can guide me ..

Regards,
              Rajiv.

Comment

The majority of the required math skills for Exam P revolves around Integration (Calculus) and Probability (Mostly probability distributions). I would get very familiar with the Exponential, Poisson, and Binomial Distributions. I don't know how the college you are attending structures their courses, but I had the required skills to pass with two Calculus courses and an Introduction to Probability Course(Calculus Based of course). I hope this helps.
                I am currently studying for Exam FM, and though the Calculus isn't as intensive as the first exam, topics such as integration and series formulas( Geometric Series etc.) are used.

Comment

Working...
                X