What's the Hardest part of M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Hardest part of M?

I hear that life contingencies is the hardest part of M. What chapter is that? The first one? That looks kinda easy like P.

Not really sure what book you're looking at that covers everything in the first chapter, but life contingencies is chapters 3~15 of Bowers.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
      Not really sure what book you're looking at that covers everything in the first chapter, but life contingencies is chapters 3~15 of Bowers.
      Stuff like the survival function and curtate life along with the hazard rate function or failure rate function. That's in the 1st chapter. Thx.

Comment

Life contingencies

Originally posted by bork
        I hear that life contingencies is the hardest part of M. What chapter is that? The first one? That looks kinda easy like P.
        Life contingencies = models for insurance with payment contingent on human life (i.e., death insurance called "life insurance", and absence of death insurance called "life annuities"). That is covered in Bowers Chapters 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15. I would say multiple decrement models (i.e., models in which the payment depends on only on whether you live or die, but also on what kills you) tends to be the hardest part for most people. And life contingencies typically constitute about 60% of Course M exam and about 30 % of CAS Course 3 exam.

Yours,
        Krzys'
        Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
        X