Preparing for the P exam using ASM Practice Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for the P exam using ASM Practice Tests

Hi, I am retaking the P exam in the summer and was wondering how well the ASM Manuel and Practice Tests prepare you? Are the tests easier or harder than the real thing? Also I scored a 14 on the first one but a 20 on the second so far, took the first two, how well prepared for the exam would that make me appear?

what material did you use when you took p/1 the first and second time?

Comment

I used the latest ASM manual, the 10th edition.

Comment

And those scores were the scores from the first two practice exams in the ASM manuel, not the actual scores from the Exam 1/P.

Comment

I bought the latest Actex p/1 manual, how do you like the ASM manual? and how much knowledge did you have on the material before you started using the asm manual

Comment

Just got out of the testing center with a letter of congratulations in my hand so I'll try to answer this one. The first four exams of the ASM are a bit easier then the test. Exam five onward in the ASM seemed harder then the real test. ASM is definitely meant to over prepare, just as it's motto says. At times the later exams in the ASM made me want to throw up. They were almost discouraging. The exam I received was definitely harder then the SOA 140 practice problems would have you believe, but much easier then the later ASM exams. I would definitely recommend the ASM though as the congratulations letter on my first try is a testament to its effectiveness.

Comment

Working...
            X