This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam P Questions

Hello, I will be taking the next exam that is going to be offered in February. I have a few questions that I have ran across. First of all, I cannot find a clear answer to how the exam is graded.

One of the ways I have been preparing for the exam is by working the practice problems from previous years (1999,2000,2001,2003) and the practice exam problems that is on the SOA website. I have been working those problems several times and feel pretty confident. Should that be enough to pass the exam?

One of the things I noticed is that I have not came across any questions on some of the continuous distributions, esp. Gamma, Beta, Weibull, and Paleto. My quess is that the chances that those will be on the exam are slim to none. What do you guys think?

There are 30 questions to do in 3 hours, so that is 6 minutes per problem. Is timing an issue for the exam?

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm preparing for the same exam date, and I'll be making sure I'm intimately familiar with everything on the syllabus.

Comment

Special distributions

Originally posted by dgn2c
      Hello, I will be taking the next exam that is going to be offered in February. I have a few questions that I have ran across. First of all, I cannot find a clear answer to how the exam is graded.
      One of the ways I have been preparing for the exam is by working the practice problems from previous years (1999,2000,2001,2003) and the practice exam problems that is on the SOA website. I have been working those problems several times and feel pretty confident. Should that be enough to pass the exam?
      One of the things I noticed is that I have not came across any questions on some of the continuous distributions, esp. Gamma, Beta, Weibull, and Paleto. My quess is that the chances that those will be on the exam are slim to none. What do you guys think?
      There are 30 questions to do in 3 hours, so that is 6 minutes per problem. Is timing an issue for the exam?
      Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.
      These topics were not on the syllabus in the years 2000-2004, but they are on it since 2005. So by not covering them, you are running a significant risk. It is never a good idea to skip topics listed on the syllabus of an actuarial examinations.

Yours,
      Krzys'
      Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

the more practice problems you do, the better chance you'll get
        I need to finish up all the chapters...I think I am running behind...good luck to you and me...

Comment

I'm at section 9 now, working through the problems, then I'll do 10, and make sure I memorize all the distributions (I have flash cards for my train ride to and from school).

Comment

Working...
          X