No announcement yet.

For TIA Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling better now. Poisson questions seemed so foreign to me...but after viewing all the video solutions for the discrete dist. chapter and getting an understand as to the logic of why it was all done...i tried to do some on my own and was able to answer some so far. so i made alot of progress since Monday when i thought these problems looked impossible.

QUOTE=mandersonjr;72826]im going to be in the same boat as you in about 2 weeks...I ordered asm for p/1 and Im going to get tia again...I started to study for it about 1.5 years ago but I just stopped and went on a different career path..

update how the studying process is going[/QUOTE]

Comment

my first try at the exam is in 17 days. I am 3 weeks behind my original intended study schedule.
      So I'm going to skip the last few topics and review and take one practice exam...so I don't stare at the test and draw a blank and get up and leave (i am imagining that happening)...that happened with my CALC II final years ago.. I need major review I haven't looked at the older problems in weeks and only went through them once.
      So I know i'm going to fail but i'm going to keep going through til May and take it againI bought a laptop so I can study in my old boss' office behind a closed door at the end of the day (or anywhere I want)

Comment

I'd recommend doing more problems. That's the key to the prelims. And most of the ways they present questions in P repeat themselves.

Comment

practice exam 1: 24
          practice exam 2: 25

I used ASM study guide, and on the first 5, i was averaging right around 23-25 as well. And then when i got to 6-20...i think the question were on steroids. i did # 6 and i think i got something like a 10. i was kinda worried so looked around on this forum and saw that 6-20 are supposed to be really tough and harder than the actual. i really really like TIA...exams are well rounded (i only have the free version of the first 4 sample exams...since I;m taking the p exam in 3 days...its not worth buying the whole package). i would say, definitely look into TIA. Even if you don't A) have the time to go thru EVERYTHING, or B) have the money...at least register for the 4 free sample exams. they are fantastic. good luck to everyone else!! maybe i'll see one of you in madison, wisconsin on saturday at the testing center!

Comment

I hear you. I've got mine in 5 hours...

I did the first 9 practice exams out of the ASM manual too but the past few days I've just been reviewing the TIA exams. I'm going to be border line though on the exam as I have not had much time to study lately with 5 exams for school which happened over the past week or so...

Comment

Originally posted by chaching001 View Post
              practice exam 1: 24
              practice exam 2: 25

I used ASM study guide, and on the first 5, i was averaging right around 23-25 as well. And then when i got to 6-20...i think the question were on steroids. i did # 6 and i think i got something like a 10. i was kinda worried so looked around on this forum and saw that 6-20 are supposed to be really tough and harder than the actual. i really really like TIA...exams are well rounded (i only have the free version of the first 4 sample exams...since I;m taking the p exam in 3 days...its not worth buying the whole package). i would say, definitely look into TIA. Even if you don't A) have the time to go thru EVERYTHING, or B) have the money...at least register for the 4 free sample exams. they are fantastic. good luck to everyone else!! maybe i'll see one of you in madison, wisconsin on saturday at the testing center!

I have the same feeling. Practice exams #6 onward emphasize a lot on Weibull, Pareto and a lot more distribution that aren't so common. I couldn't finish half of the questions in 5 hours. If this is the standard of exam p, I will be doomed...

Comment

Working...
              X