X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Krzys' re ASM Manual

Hi Krzys'

On page 60 of the manual there is a formula for Var (S) just above "The Central Limit Theorem" title. In my manual it says

Var(S) = E(S^2)-(E(S))^2 = (1-alpha).E(X^2)-(1-alpha)^2.(E(X))^2 > (1-alpha).Var(X) = = alpha.0 + (1-alpha).Var(X) = alpha.Var(K)+(1-alpha).Var(X)

Up to the bold green text is fine, but when the greater than and the double equals appear it gets a little grey. Is there a printing error or am I missing something?

Miles
    Last edited by mallkins; January 15 2006, 09:00 PM.
    Proper prior planning prevents poor performance!

Hmmm ...

Originally posted by mallkins
    Hi Krzys'
    On page 60 of the manual there is a formula for Var (S) just above "The Central Limit Theorem" title. In my manual it says
    Var(S) = E(S^2)-(E(S))^2 = (1-alpha).E(X^2)-(1-alpha)^2.(E(X))^2 > (1-alpha).Var(X) = = alpha.0 + (1-alpha).Var(X) = alpha.Var(K)+(1-alpha).Var(X)
    Up to the bold green text is fine, but when the greater than and the double equals appear it gets a little grey. Is there a printing error or am I missing something?
    Miles
    There should not be any change in the color or font. I have created a PDF file of what it should say, and attached it to this message. I hope this helps.

Yours,
    Krzys'
    Attached Files
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Communications misunderstanding

Sorry, I used the green bold font to highlight the section of the formula that I am not sure about; there is no change in the colour or font in my manual.

What I am not sure about is what the equation means from the greater than sign on and why there is an equals at the end of the first line of the formula and then at the beginning of the next line.

Miles
      Proper prior planning prevents poor performance!

Comment

Working...
      X