This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grading of Exam P

Hello, I am still confused as to how Exam P is graded. I know a score of 6 or higher is passing, but how many questions are to be correct for a score of 6? Also I read that there are 5 pilot questions that are not graded on the exam. So does that make a total of 25 or 30 graded questions?

Thanks for the help!

The pilot questions are to train you in using the Prometric system. Computer asks them before the exam starts. When you are ready to proceed to exam, click a button, and the exam clock starts. By the way, you can play with the pilot questions via Internet, in the Thomson Prometric WEB site, to prepare to the examination.

Comment

Originally posted by yurakm
      The pilot questions are to train you in using the Prometric system. Computer asks them before the exam starts. When you are ready to proceed to exam, click a button, and the exam clock starts. By the way, you can play with the pilot questions via Internet, in the Thomson Prometric WEB site, to prepare to the examination.
      I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

What about the number of correct questions for a passing grade of 6? I think it's not an absolute number, and rather varies from sitting to sitting, depending on a variety of factors (state of jobmarket, etc). Anybody has a clearer idea on this?

Comment

Grading

I sit for May 2005 exam p. I guess I got 27-28 out of 30 and I got 9. I guess to get passed you have at least get 20 out of 30.

Comment

The pilot questions don't count for or against your score so it's not exactly out of 30. You'll never know what your score and what the pass score is on these exams unless the committee changes the rules.
            Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

hey

what do you guys mean by 5 PILOT QUESTIONS, what are these? I thought the exam was out of 30 questions ?

Comment

Originally posted by Julien
                what do you guys mean by 5 PILOT QUESTIONS, what are these? I thought the exam was out of 30 questions ?
                As part of the computer-based testing process, a few pilot questions will be randomly placed in the exam (paper and pencil and computer-based forms). These pilot questions are included to judge their effectiveness for future exams, but they will NOT be used in the scoring of this exam. All other questions will be considered in the scoring. All unanswered questions are scored incorrect. Therefore, candidates should answer every question on the exam.
                http://www.beanactuary.org/exams/prob_exam.cfm

Comment

Working...
                X