Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times did it take you to pass exam P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times did it take you to pass exam P?

Like question asked

I have failed twice. And I will try for the third time on May.
    I will keeping trying until I pass.
    by the way, I passed FM.
    ON this May, I WILL take P and M.
    good luck

Comment

Technically 0. But I failed it when it once when it was called Course 1

Comment

I passed Course 1 on the first try. But I did have the benefit of having a math class in calculus-based probability.

Comment

Originally posted by wat
          I passed Course 1 on the first try. But I did have the benefit of having a math class in calculus-based probability.
          (says the same thing) and I used Broverman's study manual.
          act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Probability course and Actex, I feel really confident, but have to wait til April to say 1

Comment

It took me a grand total of not one, not two, not three, but FOUR tries to pass Exam 1/Exam P.

However, I passed Exam FM on my first shot , and now am three weeks into my first job as a Health and Welfare actuary at a major HR consulting firm, so if you keep it up, anything's possible!

Comment

3- two 5's, then finally i see i passed. don't give up if you're close.

Comment

Two times was thankfully a charm for me. 4 the first time last September, still waiting to see what I got in Feb.

Comment

Technically, it took me 2nd time to pass EXAM P. I was stupid to take a wrong calculator during first time(sep 2005), and no wonder got a very low score. This time (feb06), I did really well, and my secret was just to go over those 123 problems over and over again.

Comment

Can I vote 42?

OK - I passed it on the first try.
                      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

I passed on the first try.

I'm studying now for the FM test in May. I don't know if this one will be a one time pass though.

Comment

neva give up it doesn't matter how many times you write.
                          Conquerering Lion

Comment

My brother can do about 115 of the 123 questions on the test...yet he has scored a 0 both times. In February, his computer he was taking it on froze 30 minutes in. I believe the first time he didn't study too hard..so he should have scored better.

I take it for the first time in May. I've studied Risk Management and have been doing the practice exam for about 3 weeks. I hope I at least score.

Comment

How to pass exam p

Originally posted by ross06 View Post
                              Technically, it took me 2nd time to pass EXAM P. I was stupid to take a wrong calculator during first time(sep 2005), and no wonder got a very low score. This time (feb06), I did really well, and my secret was just to go over those 123 problems over and over again.

So far I have made it about 70% the way through the Actex study manual, I have began the 123 problems, been to a seminar, and have begun reading the risk management notes from the soa. I now have about a month left to prepare. What do you think my chances are? Especially if I study the 123 problems over and over again? This is my first time.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X