This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions - using the actex manual

I'm using the actex manual, vol 1 2004, I've gotten to problem set 13-notes 18 & 19. The problem I'm having is applying the concepts (the different distributions) to the most of the problems, I'm not able to answer most of the questions without looking at the answer. If anyone has made it through that section, please give your suggestions. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by admin; March 14 2005, 08:55 PM.
    Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
    Email - [email protected]

I would recommend to study the formula's and then do the questions. Also take advantage of the solutions and try to understand why they used particular method and what step they took to get to the answer. this exam is not a joke, so don't think you know everything without looking at the answer. Once you have done couple of questions by looking at the answer, Iam sure you can do the rest. and I am sure it gonna come back in the next section. So what you doing is building your understanding step by step; and you can test your knowlege anytime by doing the past sample exams.

Comment

Do you know what skeet means?

Comment

Just go to 16 Random variable and Probability Dist and try to understand Example 16-15.It's the same concept. Let me Know how you do? Good Luck!

Comment

What concept are you referring to?

Comment

Working...
          X