Chebyshev and Jensen's inequality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chebyshev and Jensen's inequality

Do we need to memorize what these are for the exam?
    I understand them but I was wondering if we need to know them for the exam.

No, I did not.

Comment

I believe those topics fall under the SUPER RARE category of questions that the SOA has asked in the past.

But forgive me, if you understand them... then don't you know them?

personally I just left those out of my studies since actex didn't focus on them really.

Comment

I never memorized either and I passed Exam P.

Comment

Ok thank you everyone! it seems like for P there are some things that we don't have to know for the exam.

Comment

None of us will tell you NOT to study something.... it's still on the syllabus and thus still fair game. My strategy to you though is to get everything else 100% like a boss and if you still have time and or room in your head for more then get those topics in as well.

Nothing would be worse than us telling you not to study those things and have them pop up on your exam come test day!

Comment

Very true. Thanks for the advice trsspidey!

Comment

Originally posted by trsspidey View Post
                None of us will tell you NOT to study something.... it's still on the syllabus and thus still fair game. My strategy to you though is to get everything else 100% like a boss and if you still have time and or room in your head for more then get those topics in as well.

Nothing would be worse than us telling you not to study those things and have them pop up on your exam come test day!
                I don't find these two inequalities on the syllabus, but SOA may ask things not written within the syllabus.

Comment

Originally posted by BeanCounter View Post
                  I don't find these two inequalities on the syllabus, but SOA may ask things not written within the syllabus.
                  Woops! My bad! I just assumed :[

Would SOA really be jerks though and ask even if it's not explicitly listed on the syllabus? Yikes..

Comment

Originally posted by trsspidey View Post
                    Woops! My bad! I just assumed :[

Would SOA really be jerks though and ask even if it's not explicitly listed on the syllabus? Yikes..
                    This paragraph is from the exam P syllabus.

Originally posted by 2012-03-exam-p.pdf
                    The ranges of weights shown are intended to apply to the large majority of exams administered. On occasion, the weights of topics on an individual exam may fall outside the published range. Candidates should also recognize that some questions may cover multiple learning outcomes.

Comment

Working...
                    X