This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the calculator???

i just received the ticket of admision today and i am not having any of the calculators mentioned in it
    so what you people recommend
    which one i should buy
    BA-35 BAII plus BAII plus professional TI-30X TI-30Xa TI -30 XIIS
    or TI-30XIIB
    tell me such a calculator which may also be helpful in other exams also
    or can i use my calculator whichever it is?

Buy the TI 30X-IIS. It's about $15. This calculator is very "mathy". It is very easy to use. The first exam is probability, which is a math subject. If you pass the first exam, then buy BA-II Plus. Remember you can use two calculators on the exam. I used both on Course I, last year. However, I didn't touch the BA-II Plus during the entire time. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by shanebarnes
      Buy the TI 30X-IIS. It's about $15. This calculator is very "mathy". It is very easy to use. The first exam is probability, which is a math subject. If you pass the first exam, then buy BA-II Plus. Remember you can use two calculators on the exam. I used both on Course I, last year. However, I didn't touch the BA-II Plus during the entire time. Good luck.
      I second that suggestion. The TI-30XIIB/S (battery/solar) is the easiest calculator to use. It's relatively inexpensive too, so check it out. It runs about $15 for the battery and $20 for the solar.

Oh, and you can bring more than two calculators, as long as they're one of the approved ones. I took 4 to Course 2 and 3 to Course 4 last sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by wat
        I second that suggestion. The TI-30XIIB/S (battery/solar) is the easiest calculator to use. It's relatively inexpensive too, so check it out. It runs about $15 for the battery and $20 for the solar.

Oh, and you can bring more than two calculators, as long as they're one of the approved ones. I took 4 to Course 2 and 3 to Course 4 last sitting.
        What about the TI-30XIIB/S makes it so easy to use? What functions do you like about it?

Right now, I have TI-30Xa and BA-35. The only think that I do not like about them is that I cannot type something like 3+((5/6)^2)/2 in without breaking the equation into pieces and then putting it together because of the parentheses.
        Does the TI-30XIIB/S reduce this problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
          What about the TI-30XIIB/S makes it so easy to use? What functions do you like about it?

Right now, I have TI-30Xa and BA-35. The only think that I do not like about them is that I cannot type something like 3+((5/6)^2)/2 in without breaking the equation into pieces and then putting it together because of the parentheses.
          Does the TI-30XIIB/S reduce this problem?

Thanks!
          The TI-30XIIB or S has the ability to make extensive use of the parentheses. Enclose the expression with as many/little parentheses you want. Also, I like the way that the TI-30XII stores numbers. There are 5 memory slots in the calculator (A,B,C,D,E) and when doing calculations, once you've designated what a letter is (for example, C = 4.356), you can multiply 4 * 4.356 by simply entering "4C".

Also, in case you have no idea what the answer to a question is, there's the random integer function. Let it pick a number 1 - 5 and choose the corresponding letter on your answer sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by wat

Also, in case you have no idea what the answer to a question is, there's the random integer function. Let it pick a number 1 - 5 and choose the corresponding letter on your answer sheet.
            I've never used the random number generator but that is a very great idea. TI-30XIIS is also my calculator of choice because you can scroll up to figure out where you made mistakes and storing numbers into memory is very easy. I brought my BAII+ to the course 1 exam so that I would have something to use in the case of an extreme emergency but I ended up not touching it.
            Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
              I've never used the random number generator but that is a very great idea. TI-30XIIS is also my calculator of choice because you can scroll up to figure out where you made mistakes and storing numbers into memory is very easy. I brought my BAII+ to the course 1 exam so that I would have something to use in the case of an extreme emergency but I ended up not touching it.
              That sounds about right. I would only advocate using the financial calculators for Exam FM/2 (and maybe Course 6). Other than that, the TI-30XII's are user-friendly and fairly straightforward.

Comment

Ti-30x Iis

it is a great calculator but i coundnt find "x!" ... am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider
                  it is a great calculator but i coundnt find "x!" ... am i missing something?
                  Hit the PRB button, it is in the second rown down from the top, the second button in. Then move your cursor over two spaces.
                  -karen

Comment

Working...
                  X