Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone passed P yet?

This forum has been so quiet lately.
    Anyone passed P and care to share the experience?

My Exam P experience

Hello,

I took Exam P this past Friday and after completing the test I received the "Congratulations! A preliminary analysis of your test results..." message so I am assuming I passed. That being said I did not find the exam as difficult as I previously had expected.

My studying consisted of about 49 days. I used the latest ASM study guide, which I found extremely helpful; especially the first five exams. I recommend attempting at least the first ten. I then used Coaching Actuaries for two weeks prior to the exam, which was also quite helpful. Reaching the recommended6 level should be good enough. And of course the SOA 153 and TIA first four exams are extremely useful tools.

If you give yourself enough study time and grind out as many questions as possible you should be fine. I highly recommend ASM and Coaching Actuaries. The difficulty of all four TIA practice exams were higher than the actual exam I encountered. Hope this helps and provides some direction for you if you're planning on taking Exam P. Good luck!
    Last edited by JoeDavidBobJr; August 8 2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for taking your time to reply!
      Congrats on passing!
      Hopefully I won't get an exam that has too many tough questions.
      It's been a little discouraging because I've been get low 20s as my practice exam scores.

Comment

I passed. but i only bought a book from digital actuarial resources and it didnt help that much
        the only practice problem i did are soa 123 and tia 1 exam
        i finish exam in 1.7 hours rest of the time just check and review, found 5 mistakes when i check those problems.
        level of difficulty was somewhere between medium and easy

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyman View Post
          I passed. but i only bought a book from digital actuarial resources and it didnt help that much
          the only practice problem i did are soa 123 and tia 1 exam
          i finish exam in 1.7 hours rest of the time just check and review, found 5 mistakes when i check those problems.
          level of difficulty was somewhere between medium and easy
          Hey whats up? Congrats!!!
          A lot of ppl said that the exam wasn't that difficult.
          What were your practice exam scores?

Comment

19 for tia exam 1 . thats the only one i did.i didnt check and review and finish like 1.5 hours
            when are u gong to take p/1? good luck

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyman View Post
              19 for tia exam 1 . thats the only one i did.i didnt check and review and finish like 1.5 hours
              when are u gong to take p/1? good luck
              I'm taking it in 14 hours!!!
              I'm nervous but I think I'm ready!!!

Comment

Working...
              X