This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To ....

Hello, everyone. I am newcomer here. Decided to have a career change.
    I do not want to bug anyone asking for details on how to start going about completing the exams and everything that is invoilved to become an actuary, because I understand - it's quite a hassle. But, just a link to some details page would be very helpful. I checked www.beanactuary.com, www.actuary.com and SOA websites. I kind of have an idea on what to do, but I am a little lost in all the burocratic aspects of it.
    Basically, my question is: Where can I get some directions on all the steps to take.
    I am currently getting a MS degree in Financial Engineering, and wanted to pass some of actuarial exams along the way.

I would really appreciate the help.

How to do it

With your current planned education, you can get a good job in the investment industry. Get a CFA designation and you will be in business. If you are SURE
    that you want to be an actuary, then pass the first exam, or better yet first two exams, and you will get a job as an entry-level actuary very quickly. Very quickly.

Yours,
    Krzys' Ostaszewski

Originally posted by Tsoy78
    Hello, everyone. I am newcomer here. Decided to have a career change.
    I do not want to bug anyone asking for details on how to start going about completing the exams and everything that is invoilved to become an actuary, because I understand - it's quite a hassle. But, just a link to some details page would be very helpful. I checked www.beanactuary.com, www.actuary.com and SOA websites. I kind of have an idea on what to do, but I am a little lost in all the burocratic aspects of it.
    Basically, my question is: Where can I get some directions on all the steps to take.
    I am currently getting a MS degree in Financial Engineering, and wanted to pass some of actuarial exams along the way.

I would really appreciate the help.
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Yeah, thanks. Actually I am thinking about doing a risk assesments and risk management. CFA is on the way also, but I never been into financial field before. Passing 2 actuarial exams does not look too complicated, since I am comming from good math background. I am out of work now, so getting an entry leven actuarial position and continuing the MS seems very reasonable to me. For now I am thinking of these exams for now as a suppliment. Summer is long enough to prepare for the fall dates.
      My question was actually laying in the actual process (papperwork, etc.) of all the course validations, application procesings ....

Comment

Mostly it's just about applying to take the exams. The societies keep track of your exam scores when it's time to confer the designations.

Comment

Working...
        X