Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper bound on minimum score required for pass

Hi all,

Everyone taking this exam is naturally interested in what the minimum score required to pass might be. I've been reasoning as follows:

If we assume that a score of 6 means you got 100%-110% of the minimum passing score (MPS), and a score of 7 means 110-120%, etc. up to a score of 10 which is 140-150%, then we know that MPS(1.5) should be less than or equal to 30. This puts an upper bound of 20/30 on MPS, and when you factor in pilot questions seems to suggest that MPS is probably somewhere around 18.

Just my two cents. It's interesting to speculate, but it probably doesn't matter. As many folks seem to suggest, IMO the best strategy is to study like you want to nail every question on the exam.

RJ

Originally posted by rj_rattigan View Post
    Hi all,

Everyone taking this exam is naturally interested in what the minimum score required to pass might be. I've been reasoning as follows:

If we assume that a score of 6 means you got 100%-110% of the minimum passing score (MPS), and a score of 7 means 110-120%, etc. up to a score of 10 which is 140-150%, then we know that MPS(1.5) should be less than or equal to 30. This puts an upper bound of 20/30 on MPS, and when you factor in pilot questions seems to suggest that MPS is probably somewhere around 18.

Just my two cents. It's interesting to speculate, but it probably doesn't matter. As many folks seem to suggest, IMO the best strategy is to study like you want to nail every question on the exam.

RJ
    In other words, the passing score is somewhere between 60% and 70%, closer to 70%. Yes, that's really well known. Your reasoning assumes a score of 10 is always given. I do not believe that is the case.

Yours,
    Krzys'
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

Working...
    X