This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculus for the P test

Someone told me that the format for the P test in Sptember is changed, so that strictly calculus questioned will be droped. Does anyone know if this is realy true?

Thanks to all.

Originally posted by romshes
    Someone told me that the format for the P test in Sptember is changed, so that strictly calculus questioned will be droped. Does anyone know if this is realy true?

Thanks to all.
    Yes, strictly calculus questions are no longer tested. However, inherent in much of the probability on the test is calculus, as many questions test concepts related to continuous probability distributions. So it seems there is still a lot of calculus on the test, just with probability applications, though. I took this test in Fall 2004 when it was formerly called Course 1; but as you have mentioned, the syllabus has changed, so maybe someone who actually took this test this past May will be able to say a little more.
    act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Originally posted by romshes

Thanks to all.
      Here's the link to the syllabus for Exam P on the SOA website. At the bottom of the page there is a link to a PDF file that contains practice problems that are similar to the ones that you will encounter on the exam. These should give you an idea of how much calculus you'll need to know for the exam.

http://www.soa.org/ccm/content/exams...g-2005-exam-p/

Comment

Working...
      X