How many questions on P1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many questions on P1?

Hi all. This should be a pretty easy question but I haven't seen it answered anywhere. How many questions are there on the P1 exam? I'll be taking the P1 computer based exam in February. I'm doing all of the sample questions, but I would like to know how many problems I will have to do during the 3 hours I have so that I'll know how fast I need to be able to solve the problems.

Also, are there questions on P1 that are not similar to any of the sample questions? If I am able to do all of the sample questions and am able to do them fast enough for the time alloted on the actual exam, will I be well prepared for the exam? Or are there other types of questions that may appear on the exam besides the sample questions that I must be able to do? Thanks.

Test is 30 questions in 3 hours. If your talking about the SOA 123 those questions are a bit easier then the ones on the actual exam. If i were you i would go to www.soa.org and read about exam p. Find out what is all covered on the test, testing condition, ect..

Comment

Originally posted by rjkst14 View Post
      Test is 30 questions in 3 hours. If your talking about the SOA 123 those questions are a bit easier then the ones on the actual exam. If i were you i would go to www.soa.org and read about exam p. Find out what is all covered on the test, testing condition, ect..
      Thanks. Anyway, I am able to do the sample problems in much less than 6 minutes a piece (on average). I haven't quite finished doing all the questions and understanding their solutions yet, but I'm definitely on track to know how to do all of the sample questions without too much problem. However, if the actual questions are harder, is there a place I can find what the actual questions are going to be like? Do the real questions involve concepts and methods of solving that are nowhere to be found in the 123 (now 127) sample questions, or are they merely the same types of questions except just a bit more time consuming? Also, do most people find the exam time-intensive and hard to finish in time, or do most people finish with time to spare?

Comment

I think the only place you are going to find harder questions is by either buying a manual or looking at the questions posted on this forum by Dr. Ostaszewski and Sam Broverman. As for the time on the test I got through the test my first time around in about an hour and a half and had the other hour and a half to go over the questions again and work out the questions i skipped.

Comment

I think the only place you are going to find harder questions is by either buying a manual or looking at the questions posted on this forum by Dr. Ostaszewski and Sam Broverman. As for the time on the test I got through the test my first time around in about an hour and a half and had the other hour and a half to go over the questions again and work out the questions i skipped.
          There is a website out there that has a bank of questions.

http://www.saab.org/actuarial.cgi

This has some helpful questions.

Comment

Originally posted by jansder View Post
            There is a website out there that has a bank of questions.

http://www.saab.org/actuarial.cgi

This has some helpful questions.
            I actually used this website to study for P. I hear that some people do not like it .. not sure why though. I found it pretty helpful.

Comment

I actually used this website to study for P. I hear that some people do not like it .. not sure why though. I found it pretty helpful.
              I did find a few errors when I used it but the man who owns the website is very helpful when you email him.

Comment

Working...
              X