This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score

Im sorry , Maybe it was post somewhere else but is it true that the passing rate is around 18/30

Pat.

Passing score

Very unlikely. More like 21/30 or 20/30, and I would give 21/30 better chance.

Yours,
    Krzys' Ostaszewski

Originally posted by PatrickP
    Im sorry , Maybe it was post somewhere else but is it true that the passing rate is around 18/30
    Pat.
    Want to know how to pass actuarial exams? Go to: smartURL.it/pass

Comment

even with around 3 pilot questions that wont count towards your score?

i would think the pass score would be less than 20, cause 21/27 sounds pretty tough to me.

Comment

Hummm , can you inform me a little more about these pilot questions ?

thanks .

Patrick.

Comment

There are some questions that are there to evaluate the difficulty of questions and will be eliminated.
          Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

are you serious ,

if i got them right they will cancel them and maybe my score will be lowered because i spent time on them ..... thats is .........

Pat.

Comment

Score translation

Here is the best estimate of Raw score - Scaled Score conversion that I've found courtesy of the ICTEST (International Comprehensive Test Evaluation Services of Tulsa.)

Raw Score Scaled Score

< 18 ................ 0
              19-20 ............. 1
              21-22 ............. 2
              22-23 ............. 3
              24.................... 4
              25.................... 5
              26-27............... 6
              28..................... 7
              29-30................ 8+

"This score conversion estimate was based on a sample of 200 test takers in the examination session of May 2005."

On their website, we are told that score conversions generally shift from one exam session to another, for example in the old tests a passing score generally hovered in the region of 32-34. Upon reflection though, the above table seems fairly reasonable. At least from my experience.

Goodbye

The shadow
              Last edited by The shadow; September 30 2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The shadow
                Here is the best estimate of Raw score - Scaled Score conversion that I've found courtesy of the ICTEST (International Comprehensive Test Evaluation Services of Tulsa.)

Raw Score Scaled Score

< 18 ................ 0
                19-20 ............. 1
                21-22 ............. 2
                22-23 ............. 3
                24.................... 4
                25.................... 5
                26-27............... 6
                28..................... 7
                29-30................ 8+

"This score conversion estimate was based on a sample of 200 test takers in the examination session of May 2005."

On their website, we are told that score conversions generally shift from one exam session to another, for example in the old tests a passing score generally hovered in the region of 32-34. Upon reflection though, the above table seems fairly reasonable. At least from my experience.

Goodbye

The shadow
                Just about everything they've mentioned in this analysis is wrong.

First off, there's never been a time that the pass mark has "hovered in the 32-34 range". Historically, for Course 1, there's never been a time where passing required getting more than 70% of the questions correct (out of 40).

Secondly, I'm not sure what scale this ICTEST organization is using, but it's not the SOA's scale. The SOA first determines the number of questions correct that is required to pass the exam - that number is assigned an SOA score of 6. Then, for every 10% of that number less/more than the passmark, your score goes down/up one.

Example: Suppose the # of questions correct to pass is 20.

Then, the scale goes:

#correct SOA score
                <10 ------------0
                10, 11 ---------1
                12, 13 ---------2
                14, 15 ---------3
                16, 17 ---------4
                18, 19 ---------5
                20, 21 ---------6
                22, 23 ---------7
                24, 25 ---------8
                26, 27 ---------9
                28-30 ---------10

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say... that had to be bogus.

I got a score of '5' on the exam in May 2005, and there is no WAY I got more than 20 right. Probably closer to 17-18.

Comment

Working...
                  X