This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculus review

I'm looking to take Exam P at some point next year. I have had three semesters of Calculus, but that was several years ago. I have always been fairly good at math (BC calculus went fine in high school, math team, 1600 on the SAT, etc.), but I'm pretty sure I've fogotten most of what I learned in Calculus. For those that have had to brush up in this area, was the ACTEX Calculus Review Manual sufficient, or should I look into other guides as well?

Thanks for any suggestions. I know many of you have answered a ton of actuarial newbie questions, and your patience is appreciated.

I'm taking Calculus III this semester after several years out, and found some excellent free textbooks on-line to review with: http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/ Look under 'Class Notes'.

Originally posted by Connelly
    I'm looking to take Exam P at some point next year. I have had three semesters of Calculus, but that was several years ago. I have always been fairly good at math (BC calculus went fine in high school, math team, 1600 on the SAT, etc.), but I'm pretty sure I've fogotten most of what I learned in Calculus. For those that have had to brush up in this area, was the ACTEX Calculus Review Manual sufficient, or should I look into other guides as well?

Thanks for any suggestions. I know many of you have answered a ton of actuarial newbie questions, and your patience is appreciated.

Comment

Thank you. I will check that out.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about the Calc link.

Originally posted by SirVLCIV
        I'm taking Calculus III this semester after several years out, and found some excellent free textbooks on-line to review with: http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/ Look under 'Class Notes'.

This is a very useful link.
        just wanted to say thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X