This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new syllabi for fm, m, c?

It is my understanding there is going to be some change in exams fm, m and c. To be effective from may 2006. Already. The talk is of adding (or spreading) financial economics in the syllabi. But it really is much less of an addition than it is an overhaul. This, if true, again calls for a new syllabus on each of the 3 affected exams, new textbooks and study guides.

If it is true, for those taking fm this november--like me--not passing then means you will be pretty much studying new stuff for the same exam if a retake will be considered. Same applies I guess for exams m and c.

This is when I would love to wish I was wrong. The study guide for exam m was not all that cheap

Originally posted by sutcliffe
    It is my understanding there is going to be some change in exams fm, m and c. To be effective from may 2006. Already. The talk is of adding (or spreading) financial economics in the syllabi. But it really is much less of an addition than it is an overhaul. This, if true, again calls for a new syllabus on each of the 3 affected exams, new textbooks and study guides.

If it is true, for those taking fm this november--like me--not passing then means you will be pretty much studying new stuff for the same exam if a retake will be considered. Same applies I guess for exams m and c.

This is when I would love to wish I was wrong. The study guide for exam m was not all that cheap
    I'm glad you've heard of the financial economics proposed addition. However, the SOA's not considering implementing it until 2007. So you've still got some time.

Last I've heard, they wanted to add the financial economics material to Exam M or C and take some of the material currently on those tests and put them elsewhere (like Exam FM).

It is an addition, not an overhaul. Were it an overhaul, the SOA would consider making it a VEE, or an additional exam, which is something they'd rather not do.

Thus, at present time, there's not enough detail to say much about this change. Right now, the SOA's priority is with the ASA/FSA portion of the conversion - getting the FAP modules out and informing actuarial departments across the nation of what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by wat
      I'm glad you've heard of the financial economics proposed addition. However, the SOA's not considering implementing it until 2007. So you've still got some time.

Last I've heard, they wanted to add the financial economics material to Exam M or C and take some of the material currently on those tests and put them elsewhere (like Exam FM).

It is an addition, not an overhaul. Were it an overhaul, the SOA would consider making it a VEE, or an additional exam, which is something they'd rather not do.

Thus, at present time, there's not enough detail to say much about this change. Right now, the SOA's priority is with the ASA/FSA portion of the conversion - getting the FAP modules out and informing actuarial departments across the nation of what to expect.

That feels so much better. All my manuals are still useful. At least for now phew

Comment

Working...
      X