This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT is important to take FAP ?

I wonder it is important or not to take FAP... What is FAP exactly? Can someoone explain more in detail wat it is?? Do we need it to become a Fellow?? Wat is FAP for exactly?? Thx very much to responding

FAP: Fundamentals in Actuarial Practice

From what I've read, they consist in a set of 8 educative modules including 2 exams (the 1st after modules 1-5, the second after module 8). The completion of these modules is usually the last step before becoming an ASA (along with the professionnal ethics course).

Yes, they are very important if you want to become a fellow; you can't become an FSA without first being an ASA
    Last edited by Jo_M.; December 13 2007, 10:14 PM.
    Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Jo_M. View Post
      FAP: Fundamentals in Actuarial Practice

From what I've read, they consist in a set of 8 educative modules including 2 exams (the 1st after modules 1-5, the second after module 8). The completion of these modules is usually the last step before becoming an ASA (along with the professionnal ethics course).

Yes, they are very important if you want to become a fellow; you can't become an FSA without first being an ASA
      Just to clarify...There is now an "interim assessment" after modules 1-5 and a "final assessment" after modules 6-8. They are basically exercises that are taken under certain time constraints. Really though, You just need to look at the SOA website under the exams link and you can find all the info you need.

Comment

Working...
      X