Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can I gaive a good amswer to this interview question?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I gaive a good amswer to this interview question?

1. how did you get interest in actuarial filed?
    2. why do you want to be actuary?

Well tell me your real reason you're interested in being in an actuary and then maybe we can help you out. Honestly, you should have a reason. You can even say they looked high on salary surveys. You must have a reason.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

See my comments on this in "Interview Tips" on the Employment forum.

Hint: don't say you want to be an actuary because it pays well and you like that. Also don't say you got interested because it sounded neat and you thought you'd give it a try. Employers want to know you're not going to jump from this to battery tester six months from now.
      "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Do you think that it would be ok to mention that's what first -interested- you in the profession, but not your sole reason for pursuing it?

Comment

Originally posted by SirVLCIV
          Do you think that it would be ok to mention that's what first -interested- you in the profession, but not your sole reason for pursuing it?
          Personally, I think if you make it clear that the main reason you are currently interested in the actuary field shows that you're serious about staying in the field, you can say that it was the $ that attracted you. If it's along the lines of "I heard it was a great paying profession with low stress and somewhat normal work hours," then IMO it's not that big of a deal - it's not like that info hasn't been advertised.
          "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Working...
          X