This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover letters

Anyone know what an actuarial cover letter should look like? I don't want to just reiterate what's already on my resumé. What are the most important things that should go on a cover letter? Knowledge of the company, why you would like to work for the company, why you want to be an actuary, etc. etc...
    Last edited by Ken; November 17 2005, 12:30 AM.
    Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Mine looked pretty much like a standard cover letter. You're not really repeating what's on your resume - you're expanding on what you've good that shows you're capable of doing good work, what you know about the company you're applying to, and how you can help them get even better.

I don't know that a standard cover letter would have to be altered just because it refers to an actuarial position. It just needs to be tailored to you and the employer who will get it. Monster.com has some good tips on cover letters, I used them to write mine.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Working...
    X