Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do employers want candidates to lie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do employers want candidates to lie?

I'm just curious...
    even any subhuman with half a brain knows that 99% of jobs are tedious, mind-numbing misery, and 99% of the population never gets the job they really want, and 99% of people take jobs out of mere survival.

So, how can employers (including actuarial employers) have the audacity, the arrogance, to demand -- and to expect -- that the job candidate they interview has the actuary job as their first choice, first love of life above all else? Employers ought to be grateful and overjoyed if actuary work is a job candidate's 2nd choice, or even 3rd, or even, ..., maybe 100th choice, among all possible desirable careers.

I have been absolutely amazed at job interview after job interview that employers actually want people to lie to them. They really have no right to whine and complain if someone forged a transcript or letter of recommendation!

(And don't think you're clever by making that tired old joke of suggesting that I said that only half-brained subhumans know this fact, whereas you damn well know that both I said and implied that it is sufficient to be a half-brained subhuman to know this fact, but us geniuses know it too.)
    Last edited by admin; November 18 2005, 02:35 PM.

Originally posted by yyyy7777
    I'm just curious...
    even any subhuman with half a brain knows that 99% of jobs are tedious, mind-numbing misery, and 99% of the population never gets the job they really want, and 99% of people take jobs out of mere survival.

So, how can employers (including actuarial employers) have the audacity, the arrogance, to demand -- and to expect -- that the job candidate they interview has the actuary job as their first choice, first love of life above all else? Employers ought to be grateful and overjoyed if actuary work is a job candidate's 2nd choice, or even 3rd, or even, ..., maybe 100th choice, among all possible desirable careers.

I have been absolutely amazed at job interview after job interview that employers actually want people to lie to them. They really have no right to whine and complain if someone forged a transcript or letter of recommendation!

(And don't think you're clever by making that tired old joke of suggesting that I said that only half-brained subhumans know this fact, whereas you damn well know that both I said and implied that it is sufficient to be a half-brained subhuman to know this fact, but us geniuses know it too, whereas employers are not even up to the level of a half-brained subhuman)
    If you don't want to become an actuary, don't.

I'm pretty sure that the exams are enough of a barrier for those that really don't want to become an actuary. Why subject yourself to 4-8 years of studying and exam-taking to do something you don't want to do? There's other things for you out there rather than actuarial work.

Comment

Originally posted by yyyy7777
      I'm just curious...

(And don't think you're clever by making that tired old joke of suggesting that I said that only half-brained subhumans know this fact, whereas you damn well know that both I said and implied that it is sufficient to be a half-brained subhuman to know this fact, but us geniuses know it too.

I think you'd be better off doing research where the only time you have to talk people is in getting your grants.
      Last edited by admin; November 18 2005, 02:33 PM.
      Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be running.

Comment

I am actually pursuing an actuarial career as a first choice. I have also never forged a transcript or a letter of recommendation.

Your posts here are very weird; I don't know why you bother at all.
        Last edited by admin; November 18 2005, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Ken & Wat,
          Yes, research IS my #1 choice for a job, applying my BChE (chem. eng.) with Russian minor, and math PhD.
          Nanotech. Synthesizing protein without imprisoning and killing animals. Figuring out the meaning of life. Reversing death.

#2: Politics: being president of US, or a senator, or some position that I have yet to create in government!
          (Seriously, I would create a US Department of Animal Rights.) Or a major presidential political on justice, on war, on everything in the universe that has an effect on anything else.

#3: running my own vegetarian-home-food delivery service for those who cannot/will not get out of their homes. Make use of Travelling Salesperson Problem and all sorts of cool math to minimize energy and time for making deliveries.

#4: teaching math is ok. Not great, but ok.

#5: as I've said in other threads, PARTS of actuarial work sound like exciting uses of mathematics. Any part involving calculating the quality of life.

What I said about employers applies and is true about any field, not just actuarial work. I made it sound specific to actuarial work to keep it on-topic to this forum.

Shall I go on? Yes, I have lots and lots of big, exciting ideas and uses for mathematics. That doesn't mean I have the physical power (at the moment) to change the minds of employers and "humans" like...
          Last edited by admin; November 18 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Closed Thread

closed thread
            Actuary.com - www.actuary.com
            Email - [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X