X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate resume format for a career changer

Hi everyone

I'm moving into the actuarial field from telecom engineering, and have a double degree in electronic engineering and economics. What would be the best resume format (chronological vs funcional, etc) in this case? Thank you

Originally posted by Mark
    Hi everyone

I'm moving into the actuarial field from telecom engineering, and have a double degree in electronic engineering and economics. What would be the best resume format (chronological vs funcional, etc) in this case? Thank you
    It doesn't matter - likely chrono, the bigger issue you'll have to address is why you're switching out of engineering and into the actuarial field. This is something you'll explain in your cover letter, with a double degree you'll get asked about this - even more so if you've got quite a bit of experience in engineering.
    "You better get to living, because dying's a pain in the ***." - Frank Sinatra

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogger_ar...blogger_id=174 - where I talk about the Blues and the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark
      Hi everyone

Put as much things that apply to actuarial first. For example; exams passed, computer skills, degrees, actuarial related activities. These are the things actuarial employers are going to look for first so you want them near the top so the items will catch the resume reviewer's eyes.
      P. S. I'm Denny Crane

Comment

Working...
      X