Banner Ad 1

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books to use for self study of Excel, etc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What books to use for self study of Excel, etc?

Excel, Access, VBA for Excel, even SAS - what books would you all recommend for learning them/how to use them?

I recommend almost anything by John Walkenbach for Excel. He has a number of books ranging from general Excel to "Power Programming" (VBA) for Excel and even a book on charting.

I haven't found an Access book I like, nor have I seen one for SAS.

Comment

We used Applied Statistics and the SAS Programming Language, 5th Edition, by Ronald Cody and Jeffrey Smith, a little bit in my SAS-based statistics class this past semester. It seems pretty good for basics.

I also heard this one was good but have never used it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...books&v=glance
      act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

I like "Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling" and "Excel 2003 Programming." Both are from the Microsoft press and have been great resources for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FSA
          I recommend almost anything by John Walkenbach for Excel. He has a number of books ranging from general Excel to "Power Programming" (VBA) for Excel and even a book on charting.
          I second that. The Power Programming book that FSA mentioned above was bought for each of us in the department: very easy to follow, very easy to read.

Comment

Working...
          X