X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Blues
    replied
    Originally posted by yurakm
    I had several friends who designed sociological, socio-economical questionares, and one friend who designed psychological tests. Good tests include questions on which every sane person will answer more or less the same way. Just to validate the respondent. BTW, sometimes any sane person lies.
    Well, I'm out already.

Leave a comment:

• yurakm
    replied
    Originally posted by mannyjoe
    Now I'm wondering what happens if you pick the exact opposite of what you think, or if you just guess randomly (I'm sure they can detect random guessing, but not picking the opposite). ...
    I had several friends who designed sociological, socio-economical questionares, and one friend who designed psychological tests. Good tests include questions on which every sane person will answer more or less the same way. Just to validate the respondent. BTW, sometimes any sane person lies.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Do you read your daily horoscope?

Leave a comment:

• mannyjoe
    replied
    Trying to give the right answers does not equal lying. Later they went over in full detail the results of the test and it didn't have anything to do with being dishonest or false. They pegged me as introverted, probably because I had a hard time agreeing with any of the statements that I felt would be distasteful to them.

Now I'm wondering what happens if you pick the exact opposite of what you think, or if you just guess randomly (I'm sure they can detect random guessing, but not picking the opposite).

I've been fascinated with this test ever since I took it. I haven't really looked at in depth but I would like to know more about how they work.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    That's because they pegged you as a type of person who would lie to give the "right" answers.

Leave a comment:

• mannyjoe
    replied
    I used to think those personality tests were BS, but some of them are real. I took one once long ago for a retail stockroom job, and it pegged my personality exactly even though I was trying to give the "right" answers.

Leave a comment:

• Alice2005
    replied
    Thank you Irish Blues for your help, and Yurakm for that webcite, it really helped clarify things

Leave a comment:

• yurakm
    replied
    http://www.piworldwide.com/PredictiveIndex/Default.asp

Leave a comment:

• Irish Blues
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken
    What if Predictive Index test is like those questions that Microsoft asks where they're like, How much does the ice in a hockey rink weigh, or how many traffic lights are in the state of Arizona.
    Ugh ... that stuff is just as bad. "Here, we want to test your quantitative skills, it'll help tell us what kind of an employee you're going to be - tell us how many blades of grass are on the field in the Rose Bowl."

My answer: 12 billion, 367 thousand ... and four. Who cares? Ask me to run loss data, figure out what losses are doing, and make a recommendation on whether or not what's going on is just a short-term blip or part of an evolving trend - and explain why.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    What if Predictive Index test is like those questions that Microsoft asks where they're like, How much does the ice in a hockey rink weigh, or how many traffic lights are in the state of Arizona.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Blues
    replied
    Originally posted by Alice2005
    I have an interview with Medavie Blue Cross in about a week. I was told by HR that I would be go through a personality test called 'Predict of Index" has anyone hear of such a personality test? Also I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through the Blue Cross interview process. I'd like to know about type of questions they ask, behavioral or traditional?

Any help will be appreciated
    Thank you
    Alice
    /rant mode on

"Predictive Index Test", - I hate '''' like that. It's either one of two things - (1) a form of questioning that supposedly is a great predictor of how you will be as an employee: "Tell me about a time that ....", "Describe a situation in which ..." - they ask a question that poses a problem; you describe the problem, outline what you did to solve the problem, and then mention what the outcome was. Or, (2) a timed, 12-minute computer test of perhaps 50 questions asking different logic and simple math questions. Again, supposedly your answers tell how you behave and how you'll react in certain situations and help identify "good" candidates from "bad" candidates.

(Stuff) like this might be great - on some people. If you're "inside the bell-shaped curve", it probably is. But there's a group of people (I'm positive I'm one of them) in which I think it completely misses the boat b/c it's too bogged down in you being "within the norm". I don't solve problems like most normal people, I don't think like most normal people, and I don't analyze problems to find solutions like most normal people - which is why many times I can get to a solution quickly and spot problems faster than others. But when companies use it as the sole tool (or tools) in identifying who they should work for, IMO it's bunk.

/rant mode off

The various Blue Cross companies are different - but I'd expect behavioral questions. That line of questioning seems to be the rage right now.

Leave a comment:

• Alice2005
    started a topic Interview with Blue Cross

Interview with Blue Cross

I have an interview with Medavie Blue Cross in about a week. I was told by HR that I would be go through a personality test called 'Predict of Index" has anyone hear of such a personality test? Also I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through the Blue Cross interview process. I'd like to know about type of questions they ask, behavioral or traditional?

Any help will be appreciated
    Thank you
    Alice
Working...
X