This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Internship

Firstly: I am -not- one year removed from graduation - graduating in May, 2008, and secondly: I am taking Exam P in February, and FM this year (don't know if Spring or Fall yet).

Do I have a chance of landing an internship? Most companies say they -prefer- candidates one year removed with at least one exam.

I had my first actuarial internship two years removed from graduation and 0 exams attempted. I phone interviewed in November, though, and I found out in December or January that I got it. However, I've seen postings on various company sights for actuarial interns, so I think you still have time, but you should be applying (which I hope you already have).
    act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Are you just checking out sites of consulting companies/insurance companies? I'm running through this: http://www.beanactuary.org/find/atp.cfm and also looking through job posting sites.

Comment

Originally posted by SirVLCIV
        Are you just checking out sites of consulting companies/insurance companies? I'm running through this: http://www.beanactuary.org/find/atp.cfm and also looking through job posting sites.
        Yes, looking at company sites and also www.linkedin.com, to which I was directed last week. Here's a quick list of some mainly P&C/Consulting companies you may or may not have looked at:

Tillinghast (Towers Perrin)
        Travelers Insurance
        Milliman
        Liberty Mutual (Definitely saw intern opportunity last time I checked it)
        Zurich (Definitely saw intern opportunity last time I checked it)
        The Hartford
        Allstate
        CNA
        PWC
        E&Y
        Geico

If you're willing to travel, there are definitely opportunities out there.
        Last edited by .Godspeed.; January 30 2006, 11:26 PM.
        act justly. walk humbly. .

Comment

Working...
        X