This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An international student needs help

I am an international student majoring in Econ. I passed exam 1 and 2 + VEE through self study. However all the companies I applied to rejected me during the first round for the reason that I'm not a permanent resident/citizen. The recruiter from DW Simpson told me the same reason. I'm wondering how a non-citizen could possibly get a jump start? This is what I really want to do and I'm not gonna give up. Thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by Coco
    I am an international student majoring in Econ. I passed exam 1 and 2 + VEE through self study. However all the companies I applied to rejected me during the first round for the reason that I'm not a permanent resident/citizen. The recruiter from DW Simpson told me the same reason. I'm wondering how a non-citizen could possibly get a jump start? This is what I really want to do and I'm not gonna give up. Thank you all in advance.
    Yeah! There are some restrictions. I know at least one company in the midwest region where permanent residency/citizenship is a requirement. On the other hand, I know international students getting jobs after passing the preliminary exam(s). So, I would encourage you to look around a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIGEEK
      Yeah! There are some restrictions. I know at least one company in the midwest region where permanent residency/citizenship is a requirement. On the other hand, I know international students getting jobs after passing the preliminary exam(s). So, I would encourage you to look around a bit more.
      Thank you very much!

Comment

I am from Jamaica and the company that I'm presently working for came there to recruit. I'm sure that you can find places that are willing to sponsor you. You may try searching through a recruiter. Hope this helps!

Comment

Keep on looking and don't get discouraged. From what I've seen, companies will usually say up front if they are willing to hire non-resident entry level actuaries (NY Life, for instance). Good luck with your search!
          Haven't you heard?
          It's a battle of words
          The poster-bearer cried

Comment

Working...
          X