This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Prospects

I have applied for several (~7) actuarial internships for the summer. However, since I only took exam P last week, I have already been turned down by 2 companies and am somewhat pessimistic about the remaining ones. I also applied for other internships in statistical fields. Will those still look attractive to employers when I am looking for a full time job?

Thanks
    Haven't you heard?
    It's a battle of words
    The poster-bearer cried

Originally posted by bdenyer
    I have applied for several (~7) actuarial internships for the summer. However, since I only took exam P last week, I have already been turned down by 2 companies and am somewhat pessimistic about the remaining ones. I also applied for other internships in statistical fields. Will those still look attractive to employers when I am looking for a full time job?

Thanks
    Anything statistics related is a plus. Is there any way you can keep that job throughout the school year - possibly set up "student hours" at the other job or something? That way, you'll demonstrate desire for longevity with a company, as well as the ability to juggle a few things at one time (school, job and actuarial exams).

Comment

unfortunately, it's just a summer gig--and a potential summer gig at that. thanks for the thought, though
      Haven't you heard?
      It's a battle of words
      The poster-bearer cried

Comment

Originally posted by bdenyer
        unfortunately, it's just a summer gig--and a potential summer gig at that. thanks for the thought, though
        Either way, any experience in a statistical field, especially one where you get familiar with Excel, Access and a programming language or an analysis program, is good. Good luck with the job!

Comment

Working...
        X