X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmason
    replied
    This is a great sticky thread. How can we help add links. I know that my company is hiring link goes directly to their jobs page. MetLife.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Blues
    replied
    As stated in the very first post, "All companies may or may not be looking for actuaries." Most of them will; most of those companies listed will have entry-level spots; most of them will offer internships. If you're entry-level and looking, don't try to figure out who does and who doesn't offer entry-level jobs; pick a company or companies and send in your resume - the worst they can do is tell you no.
    Last edited by Irish Blues; November 26 2010, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elliot mm
    replied
    are the lists for just entry level or every type (internship)

Leave a comment:

• Irish Blues
    replied
    I'm going to [slowly] work on adding links and updating the lists above. Studying for CAS Exam 9 is going to get in the way, so don't expect this to happen overnight - but I'll also try to provide more details on who is located where and reorganize the lists accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• kaeman50@yahoo.com
    replied
    Good site for finding a job

I came accross this site, and it actually was usefull to me. http://www.companywhere.com, you can search by geographic location where you want to work; then it will pull up companies and you can see where they are. from there, they give you the link to the company web site. Pretty slick;

Leave a comment:

• .Godspeed.
    replied
    Well, I just noticed that this thread was now a sticky. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• DegreeInfo
    replied
    Thanks Friend,
    Huge List of valuable Companies...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    thank you very much

thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• dabears32
    replied
    Originally posted by .Godspeed. View Post
    Mods, can we PLEASE get this thread stickied? Thanks!

-.G.
    sticky...
    +1

Leave a comment:

• .Godspeed.
    replied
    Originally posted by .Godspeed. View Post
    Bump! Mods, can we sticky this thread? I think that it would serve quite useful to both the entry-level and experienced.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by troydanielbecker View Post
    I agree to the previous post about usefuleness. And it's encouraging too, for the opportunities out there for those of us job hunting.
    Originally posted by B411et View Post
    Ken- THANK YOU very much for posting these lists and for categorizing the companies. I only wish I had found these lists during my internship search. However, now I can use them for when I look for a full-time entry position next year.
    Originally posted by linmath05 View Post
    I know this is an post from some times ago, but still
    Ken
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE POSTING!
    THAT IS VERY USEFUL!
    Originally posted by ngdarr View Post
    This is excellent already.

Truly thank you.
    Mods, can we PLEASE get this thread stickied? Thanks!

-.G.

Leave a comment:

• NoMoreExams
    replied
    You just seem like a very angry individual who likes to blame his surroundings rather than maybe think that you are partly to blame. Then again you enjoy working in pensions so maybe you ARE a masochist.

Leave a comment:

• JS1
    replied

plenty of things give me pleasure...

my job (pensions but not exam track)
    my Yamaha 600 sportbike
    sex
    riding rollercoasters
    listening to music

Geez... all I did was provide information that Canal Insurance Company was not on the list. Normally if I didn't particularly care for the city I used to live in, I wouldn't bother commenting on it. However, of all the places I have lived in and visited (the former having more weight), it's hard to think of a worse place to live than Greenville, SC, at least for me anyway. Too bad if you disagree.
    Last edited by JS1; September 11 2009, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• drparliament
    replied
    Dear God, he is a nutcase! This just confirms it.

People who don't care for a professional field also don't tend to hang out on that profession's forums every day. Unless they are bitter people and enjoy crushing other people's dreams.

Leave a comment:

• NoMoreExams
    replied
    Is there anyone/anything in this world that you hold dear or is the whole universe out to get you?

Leave a comment:

• JS1
    replied
    Originally posted by mtg View Post
    Hey, wait a second here. You might have a bad opinion of this profession due to your experiences, but don't go trashing Greenville by calling it a stupid town. It's actually a very nice city with a lot to do. Just because you hate the world doesn't mean you should start belittling places you've never been to.
    I should have said that I lived in Greenville which is why I first applied to the job with Canal Insurance Company.

I lived there for 5 years and stand by my statement that it is a stupid town. The justice system is corrupt and most of the citizenry consists of hillbillies. If I never darken the doorstep of GSP airport again, that would be fine with me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X