This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed exam 1- what are my chances?

I graduated college at the top of my class with a non-math or actuarial related degree (English, Econ minor) and I have no real actuarial work experience to speak of. However, I did take Exam 1 in may and passed with flying colors- albeit after a couple of attempts- and am preparing for Exam 2 in the fall. I'm also interested in getting my foot in the door of the profession while I prepare for the next exam.

Though I do plan on taking Exam 2 regardless of whether or not I get a job, what are my chances of finding an entry level position with only one (rather high) passing exam score to back me up?

Originally posted by Arnold Kim
    I graduated college at the top of my class with a non-math or actuarial related degree (English, Econ minor) and I have no real actuarial work experience to speak of. However, I did take Exam 1 in may and passed with flying colors- albeit after a couple of attempts- and am preparing for Exam 2 in the fall. I'm also interested in getting my foot in the door of the profession while I prepare for the next exam.

Though I do plan on taking Exam 2 regardless of whether or not I get a job, what are my chances of finding an entry level position with only one (rather high) passing exam score to back me up?
    Why not try now? Even if you don't get a job in this round of applications/interviews, you'll at least get your name in consideration - maybe you'll be reconsidered when a job opens up at a new company.

Point of note - don't mention your scores unless you're asked. It may give off a pretentious attitude - something you don't really want to convey to interviewers. Just mention that you've passed Exam P/1.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold Kim

Why not try?

With a non mathematical/statistical background you might find more success after two or three more exams.

Comment

We just hired someone that majored in Philosophy so don't let your major discourage you. If you interview well, you'll get a job.

Comment

Working...
        X